This low waste, velvety cauliflower soup is rich in flavour and nutritional value. Beautiful with a drizzle of kefir or yoghurt, it makes a wonderful starter for a festive dinner party and is full of vitamin C, a good source of fibre and naturally low in fat.
- 2 tbsp Avocado or light olive oil
- 5g thyme
- 20g parsley
- 1 grated zest of lemon
- x1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 diced celery
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Sea salt and black pepper, to season
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets and roughly chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1.4 litres vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chives
If you fancy saving time and stocking up on some deliciously healthy, warming soups, you can purchase our range below.
- Put the oil in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, bay leaves, caraway seeds, salt and pepper to a pan and sauté.
- Tie together the thyme, parsley and lemon peel (this will be released into the soup for serving).
- Lightly sauté for eight to 10 minutes, stirring often, until the onion is soft but has not browned.
- Add the cauliflower, potato and stock and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for eight minutes, until the vegetables are cooked but still have some bite.
- Remove a third of the cauliflower using a slotted spoon and place to one side.
- Continue to simmer all ingredients for another five minutes, then remove the herb bundle and bay leaves (keeping the herb bundle to one side).
- In a food processor, or using a hand-held blender, blend the soup until smooth, then return to the pan and add the extra cauliflower pieces that had been put to one side.
- Add the grated lemon zest and herbs back in, and serve.