Celebrating World Chocolate Day, we thought that we'd let you into a secret and give you the recipe to try a version of our signature brownies! These Gluten and Dairy free brownies are enriched with Rosemary and Orange sozzled Goji berries and made with Willie’s Cacao.
Cacao has a wealth of health benefits and these brownies contain ingredients that help enhance our concentration and focus, making them the perfect little treat throughout the working day.
Makes 12 portions:
- 135g Coconut Oil
- 1Tsp Vanilla essence
- Sprinkling of Chia seeds (to top)
- 45g Dove’s Gluten Free flour (UK), Bobs Redmill Gluten Free Flour (USA) – (or flour of choice)
- 120g Coconut sugar
- 3 drops High grade Rosemary oil for the goji berry soak
- 38g goji berries soaked in orange juice and rosemary oil
- pinch Rosemary salt
- 125g Willies Cacao Venezuelan Black Chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Soak the goji berries in the orange and rosemary for 1 hour
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bain marie
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, yolk and sugar
- Sift in the flour and fold in gently
- Add the goji berries and mix until even
- Taste and add 1 more drop of Rosemary oil if wanted
- Flatten onto baking paper lined in an oven tray
- Sprinkle with chia seeds
- Bake at 160 degrees celsius for 20 minutes
- Let cool in tray then cut into squares
We cannot wait to see you try out this gorgeous recipe, they’re the perfect little bit of tasty indulgence with the rosemary and high grade cacao for added benefits. It’s quite incredible how Essential oils can impact the mind through taste, smell and your skin.
“There are so many everyday distractions which means it takes a higher sense of awareness of yourself and your surroundings to harness the focus needed to gain control of your own mind. It’s our daily lifestyle choices that can strengthen our place of mental clarity and focus to achieve our ambitions. Through our own behaviour and habits, we can enhance our performance, mood and sense of self. Little changes like our food choices, certain scents, hours of sleep and noting down positive thoughts can have a profound difference on how our minds work. We can all learn to gain control.”
If you would like us to design a nutritional plan to help build wellness food into your team feeding programme - please email us
to speak to an account manager.